2. I know so much more about flying now, I can handle this.
3. It's my choice to fly, I will be comfortable and make the most of my time.
4. I trust the well trained and experienced crew, they care about me and their own safety.
5. The plane is strong, stable, reliable, and well maintained.
6. The plane is happiest in the air, that's where it's meant to be.
7. The air is a fluid, like water. The plane is just swimming through the air.
8. Turbulence may feel uncomfortable to me, but it is a normal part of flying.
9. Nervous feelings pass quickly, I have the tools to help myself.
10. Even if I feel panicky it cannot hurt me or cause me to lose control.
1. Quietly, but forcefully say, "Tense This!"
2. Tense your muscles by tightening your fists, stomach, or leg muscles.
3. Let go slowly, whispering "Relaaaax..."
Belly Breaths (Whenever your heart or breathing quickens)
1. Stick out your belly.
2. Inhale deeply through your nose and say, "I will"
3. Exhale slowly, whispering "Relaaaax..."
Take a Virtual Vacation (Here's a sample of what to say to yourself)
1. "My favorite place to relax is when I'm at the beach."
2. "I soak up the beautiful view of the sunset."
3. "The sound of the waves relaxes me."
4. "I feel the cool breeze on my skin."
5. "I smell the tropical scent of suntan lotion."
6. "Nothing beats the taste of this cold drink."
Now close your eyes and concentrate on each of these sensations. It's OK to show a little smile, people will just think you're having devious thoughts!